Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A 4-Hour Workweek in 90 Days

Inspired by The 4-Hour Work Week, written by Timothy Ferriss, I have decided to set this as my next 3-month goal. A goal, that once achieved will have an extraordinary impact on my life, both as an entrepreneur and as an individual seeking freedom from the 9 to 5. After reading The 4-Hour Workweek about three months back, I fell in love with the idea that my time is more valuable than money. What has continued to bug me and has managed to stick in the forefront of my thoughts about this particular goal is that; one I know that it is possible, and two if achieved would have such a transforming effect on my lifestyle. So, here it is, my goal:

“Replace the $3,000 monthly income I need to support my current lifestyle, in the next 90 days, while working only 4 hours a week to maintain it.”

That’s $3,000 per month, $100 a day, working only 4 hours per week, in 90 Days.

Although I could just as easily set my monthly income goal to $5,000 or even $10,000 a month, which is also possible, it is not necessarily the point of this particular goal. It is not the money that I seek from its achievement, but the freedom. If you have read this far, you can see that I am making this goal a public announcement. From here, I invite anyone who happens to come across this post to join me, keep me accountable, or both would be great, and I plan to continue to post my progress as I pursue and achieve it. Thank you in advance for your support.

As a side-note: For ease of administration, given it is the 27th of January, the deadline for my achievement of this goal is 3 months from February 1st, making it May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment